Monday, September 1, 2014

Setting Up Office

On August 18th, I started my first counseling job as a school counselor for 3rd-5th graders.  I really had no idea where to start, so I searched Pinterest for ideas and jumped in.  I started by decorating my office, because I was pretty sure I could handle that! ;)  This post is mainly going to be pictures of the things I created and how I put it all together in my office.

Started with this sign for my door.

Thought this sign definitely needed to be in my office!

Made some Harry Potter quote posters to brighten up my walls!
Found a printable chevron pattern online.  Traced it onto the poster board.  Painted it with solid colored paint and then matching glitter paint.  Got them laminated so they would last longer.





Created this canvas when some of my friends and I were having a craft night.  I taped off sections with masking tape and then painted each section.  Thought it would look cool in my office, so I wrote positive words and phrases on the white parts with Sharpie.

This painting was inspired by Wine and Design.  They do this painting, but the signs have names of local cities on them.  I loved the idea of the sign, so I made it fit into my office by using "counseling words".

Here are some pictures of what my office looks like.






Next post coming soon...relaxation corner!




No comments: