Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Muffin Pans Aren't Just for Muffins

People are getting creative and coming up with a variety of recipes other than muffins or cupcakes that are made in muffin pans.  I am sure that you have seen the following recipe floating around Pinterest or Facebook.  For awhile all I saw was a picture with no descriptions, but eventually I found the recipe.  I have wanted to try these for quite some time, but I kept forgetting them.  I finally remembered the other night and I am glad that I did!

Chicken Pot Pies

Chicken Mixture
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces (I put mine in the crock pot so it would be shredded like I do for my soups)
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup frozen peas and carrots (I used mixed veggies that also included green beans and corn)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground thyme (I almost didn't buy this, but I am glad that I did because it really added flavor)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
Baking Mixture
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs

Heat oven to 375°F
First, start with Bisquick baking mix, milk and eggs .Combine and start with a little less than a tablespoon in each greased muffin cup or use muffin liner
Next add your filling .. Add about ¼ cup of the mixture to each cup.
Finally, top it off with one more tablespoon of the Bisquick® mixture.

Bake for 25-30 minutes then pop them out of the pan.

I made a double batch so that I would have leftovers and they are still quite yummy!
I saw one version of the recipe that used cream of chicken soup instead of the broth and I think I might try that next time to make them creamier.  There was another one that used packaged biscuits instead of the Bisquick and I think that could be yummy too if you want more bread.  They were rather simple and delicious!



More muffin pan recipes to come...

No comments: