Monday, December 30, 2013

Muffins Pans Aren't Just for Muffins 2 and a New Soup

I hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas!!  Can you believe that tomorrow is the last day of 2013?!  Crazy!  I am looking forward to 2014!  I just have a feeling that it's going to be a great year!

I have 2 recipes for you...lasagna cups and Chicken Enchilada Soup.

Lasagna Cups

The recipe with pictures can be found here http://www.catchingfireflies.com/blog/2012/06/mighty-tasty-mini-lasagnas/

Ingredients:
Won Ton Wraps (These can be found near the tofu up where the bags of salad and such are.)
Ricotta Cheese (1 container)
Mozzarella Cheese (1 2 cup bag)
Parmesan Cheese (I used grated, but you could use shredded or shaved too.)
Marinara Sauce
Italian Seasoning
Ground Beef (optional)

Instructions:
Brown ground beef.  I cooked it with garlic and Italian seasoning.  You could add onion too.
Preheat oven to 375.
Spray cupcake pan(s) with cooking spray.
Put a won ton wrap in each cup.  Layer ingredients (My order - ricotta, sauce, beef, mozzarella, parmesan, seasoning). Add another wrap and repeat ingredients.  (I used 1 lb of beef.  One set of cups only had one layer of beef.)
Bake 18-20 minutes. (They only took about 15 in our oven.)
Allow to cool about 5 minutes and then lift out of the cups.

I made 24 cups with these ingredients.




I was looking through my soup magazine and Pinterest to find a new soup to make this week.  Nothing was popping out at me, so I did some searching online and found this recipe.  I love taco soup and this one sounded very familiar, so I decided to give it a try.

Chicken Enchilada Soup


Ingredients:
1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 10 oz pkg of frozen corn
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (I didn't add these.)
1 10 oz can enchilada sauce (I used mild)
1 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups milk
2 chicken breasts
1 cup shredded Pepper Jack (This is for putting on before you eat, so it's optional, but I love cheese!)
(I read the comments on the blog where I found the recipe and used some of their suggestions.  I added a 7 oz can of chopped green chilies and some chili powder.)

Instructions:
Combine beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and peppers in crock pot.  Place 2 chicken breasts on top of the mixture.  In a large bowl, whisk together soup and enchilada sauce.  Gradually whisk in milk until mixture is smooth.  Pour mixture over other ingredients in crock pot.
Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
Remove chicken breasts, shred with forks, and then return to the soup (I cooked mine on low, so I did this about an hour before we were going to eat.  You can wait until the end though too.)
We ate ours with the pepper jack cheese, sour cream, and chips.

It is very similar to my taco soup, but creamier because of the soup and milk.  The enchilada sauce gives it a different taste while the chilies and chili powder give it a nice kick.  It was yummy :)




No comments: