Thursday, January 3, 2013

Girls' Night Craft

Need a fun craft to make with the girls?  Paint wine glasses!  If you don't drink wine then you can have a fancy glass for you juice or water ;)  Wine glasses are fun and fairly easy to make.

The paint...you want acrylic paint.  I get this paint at Michael's.  I think it's around $10 if you have a 40 or 50% off coupon (they normally have one each week).  There are directions on the box for baking them after they have been painted.  Once they have been baked then they are usable and washable :)


The first time we painted wine glasses I got a 4-pack at Wal-Mart for like $5.  One time I got a pack at Target for like $6.  Then I found the glasses that I like at the Dollar Tree!


I painted my first glass with my favorite flower, daisies.  I had extra glasses after our girls' night, so I decided to try some other decisions.  I showed some school spirit by painting an ECU glass, some team spirit by painting a Rays glass, and candles on a birthday one.  I've painted a couple of others for friends' birthdays and weddings.


I have a shelf full of glasses and a new box of paint...now I just need to find the time to use them!!  Happy Painting :)

No comments: