Friday, October 3, 2014

Creamy Tomato Spinach Tortellini Soup

Tried another soup this week and it was yummy!

Here is the link to the recipe:

http://www.amynewnostalgia.com/cheesy-tortellini-crockpot-soup-easiest-and-best-crockpot-meal/

This soup was so easy!

I thought about using low fat or fat free cream cheese, but sometimes they don't melt as well so I went with the original.
I added some extra water because my tortellini was 20 oz instead of 16, but I wish that I hadn't because it wasn't as creamy as I would have liked it to be.
I used fresh tortellini instead of frozen because I couldn't find frozen.  The fresh worked great, but I did wait until the end to add it and I only cooked it for about 30 minutes.
I think the spinach could be added a little later too, because it wilts up when cooked for the whole time.  It might be good to add the broth, cream cheese, and tomatoes to the crock pot first, let it cook for awhile, add the spinach, and then add the tortellini.
The spices I used were pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.

We enjoyed ours with cheesy garlic bread!  Makes great leftovers too!!




No comments: