Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Double Dose!

I made 2 yummy soups this week!!  Well, one was technically at the end of last week, but I figure it can count too.
I went to a fall party with some friends on Friday night and it seemed the perfect occasion to make some yummy chili!  It was an easy crock pot recipe that turned out to be quite delicious!

Ingredients I used for my chili:
2 lbs cooked ground beef
2 cans of kidney beans (drained)
2 cans of chili beans (I did not drain these)
2 cans of diced tomato
1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilis
1 can of tomato sauce
Chopped onion (I was not in the mood to irritate my eyes, so I bought a container of the pre-chopped onions and used the whole thing.  I cooked it with the ground beef.)
We didn't have cumin and neither did Wal-Mart, so I used their chili seasoning packets instead.  I used one mild and one spicy which I think gave it a good kick, but didn't make it too spicy.

One of my friends make cornbread that paired with it perfectly!  We also had shredded cheddar cheese and corn chips!

I knew it was going to be a long week, so I wanted an easy dinner for Monday night.  I decided on a soup recipe that I had tried last year...vegetable beef soup.  Another delicious and easy crock pot soup!

Ingredients for Vegetable Beef Soup:
1 lb ground beef
1 can (46 oz) tomato juice
1 can diced tomatoes
1 package (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 envelope onion soup mix
I thought it was yummy, but just a little bland last time so I added a bunch of random spices this time.

I think it turned out quite delicious!  It's perfect served with a big chunk of french bread :)


I realized after I made this soup that all of the ones that I have picked so far are tomato based, so I am going to try to pick something different next week.  We'll see what sounds good!


No comments: