Friday, April 25, 2014

More Daniel Fast Recipes (a little late I know)...

I don't have pictures this time, but I wanted to provide links for some other recipes we made that were yummy.  You definitely don't have to be on the fast to enjoy them :)

http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2012/03/black-bean-spinach-enchiladas.html

We were in the mood for cheese, so I went on a hunt for vegan cheese and found some at Fresh Market.  These enchiladas were yummy, but they did mess with my tummy just a bit (my roommate was fine tho).  I think it might have been the cheese, but it could have been the fast itself.  I definitely want to try these again with "normal" cheese.

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/quinoa-stuffed-peppers-2/

We omitted the cheese in this recipe.  They were good and definitely tasted healthy, but I felt like they were kinda missing something.  I think I may have liked them more with rice, but they were worth trying.

Another night we made potato packets.  My family makes them a lot for grilling with chicken, but we don't have a grill so we cooked them in the oven.  They were good, but I do like them better on the grill.

Our packets were filled with sliced potatoes, green pepper, onion, and carrots along with a variety of seasoning.  We couldn't use butte so we just sprayed them with cooking spray.

I haven't tried any new recipes since ending the fast, but as soon as I do, I will share.
Have a great weekend!


No comments: