Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pinterest Recipes My Way

Sorry I don't have a soup recipe for you.  I tried some of the recipes that I had pinned on Pinterest this week instead, so I'll share those :)
I tweaked each of the recipes just a bit, so I'll share the link to the original recipe and let you know what I did to make it a bit different.
Neither of them are tough or fancy, but I think they were yummy!

Cheesy Chicken and Rice

I bought the ingredients to make this one exactly how it told me too, but as I was making it I decided to make some changes and I was happy with how it turned out.

Here's the original recipe: http://www.southernplate.com/2010/09/slow-cooker-cheesy-chicken-and-rice-the-downside-of-being-a-swan-princess.html

I got chicken out of the freezer in order to make this, but it wasn't unthawed in time, so I had to make a change.  I already had some shredded chicken made and figured that would work just fine.  I love crock pot recipes, but I ended up making this in a pot instead.  I put the chicken in the pot with the onions, corn, and soup.  While this was warming, I made the rice.  When the rice was finished I added it and the cheese to the pot.  I also popped a bag of steamable broccoli in the microwave and added that too.  It was looking pretty yummy, but I decided to make another change.  I set the oven to 350.  I sprayed a 9x13 pan and put the mixture into it.  Then I crumbled a package and a half of crackers (all I had were whole wheat regular crackers...Ritz would have been great, but these worked too).  I melted some butter and mixed that into the crackers just too moisten them a bit.  I cooked it for about 15 minutes.  Fairly quick, easy, and yummy meal!



Baked Ravioli

This recipe I pretty much made exactly like it says.


The main thing I changed was that I added ground beef.  I also added Italian seasoning.

Turned out to be very yummy!  An easy alternative to lasagna.



Feel free to share any great Pinterest recipes that you find!!


No comments: